Saturday, January 12, 2013

Spring of 2012 A different canvas


For my class, I have wanted a science coat for quite a while. Many of the teachers wear a lab coat during science class time. It is a great way to let the students know what we will be doing.  Well after some thought I decided to try my hand at making my own. Each of our coats has something to do with our personalities. And everyone knows I am a huge Disney fan.  So it only seemed appropriate that mine had a Disney influence.  It was my first time trying to draw on fabric.  I drew the pictures first on paper, then I traced them on the coat.

 The back side of the coat is what we do when we observe.  I tell my students every time we do science these directions.
Listen with your ears
Look with your eyes
Waft with your nose
Touch with your hands (two fingers)
BUT NEVER EVER TASTE.



Below are some close ups of two of the pockets that I designed myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment